The 4 ways you can see Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk
The film opens in New York and Los Angeles this weekend before expanding next weekend to 800+ screens, in descending order of enhancement:
1. 120 fps, 3D, 4K resolution — This is Lee's preferred version of the film, with all the bells and whistles. Unfortunately, it's only available in two theaters — the ArcLight Hollywood's Cinerama Dome in Los Angeles, and the AMC Loews Lincoln Square in New York.
2. 120 fps, Dolby Vision 3D, 2K resolution — This version is as close as people outside of New York and Los Angeles will get to seeing the film as Lee intended. Unfortunately (again), it's only screening at one theater, the AMC Village on The Parkway in Dallas.
3. 120 fps, 2D — Select theaters nationwide will screen this version, including those in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington DC, Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver.
4. 24 fps, 2D — This version is how Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk will be presented on all other screens.
The 5 Movie Theaters That Can Screen Billy Lynn as Intended
1. Arclight Hollywood's Cinerama Dome, Los Angeles — To accommodate the Billy Lynn screenings, this theater has added Christie's Mirage 4KLH 120Hz technology and TruLife electronics platform, which can process up to 1.2 gigapixels per second.
2. AMC Loews Lincoln Square, New York City — This is where Billy Lynnhad its world premiere last month as part of the New York Film Festival.
3. Vieshow Cinemas Qsquare in Central Taipei, Taiwan — This is the only exhibitor in Taiwan (where Lee was born) to screen Billy Lynn in peak form using the Christie Mirage 4KLH RGB laser projection system.
4. Beijing Bona Youtang International Cineplex, China — The film opened here on Nov. 6 courtesy of China’s Shanghai Film Group and Bona Film Group.
5. Shanghai Film Art Center, China — The film opened here on Nov. 8 here thanks to China’s Shanghai Film Group and Bona Film Group.