Chinese Classroom Instructor
Fayette County Public Schools is seeking certified Classroom Instructors to teach Chinese within our school district. Located in Lexington and with 40,000 students in 56 schools, FCPS is the premier school district in the Commonwealth of Kentucky! Read below to see how you can become a part of changing student’s lives!
The Chinese Instructor reports to the assigned school building principal. Specific responsibilities include:
• Classroom instruction, with an emphasis on building oral proficiency, promoting students’ ability to read and write in the language, and exploring the culture and history of Chinese;
• Plans programs that meet the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students;
• Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media;
• Conferences with students, parents and colleagues;
• Attends department and faculty meetings as scheduled;
• Active participant in the life of the school, district and Lexington community;
• Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ideal candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Have a least a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2.5 GPA;
- Have a KY teaching certification, reciprocal license from another state or meet alternative certification requirements;
- Possess native or near-native like proficiency in both the Chinese and English languages;
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or can be sponsored on a H1-B employment visa;
- Pass a criminal background check.
FCPS prides itself on offering competitive salaries and benefits. Our package includes the following:
- Salaries starting at $40K- $49K+ based on level of education and experience;
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance;
- Paid holidays, vacation, sick and emergency leave time;
- Two life insurance policies at $50K;
- Retirement benefits through the Kentucky Teachers Retirement System;
- Ongoing professional development, new employee orientation, mentoring & leadership opportunities.
Interested candidates should visit the Fayette County Public School website at www.fcps.net and complete a Certified application. Applications are accepted until all Chinese Instructor vacancies are filled. Please send resume to Alexis Witherspoon, Associate Director of Recruitment & Retention, at email@example.com. Fayette County Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer.